TO: Head Boys’ and Girls’ Track Coaches
FROM: Jason Jones & Megan Jones, Head Track Coaches
RE: SOUTH INVITATIONAL
DATE: Friday, April 1, 2022
TIME: Coaches meeting at 4:00 PM near the finish line. Scratches due at 4:15 PM.
Field Events - 4:30 PM
Running - 5:30 PM
Break - after the 400m 6:30 PM (Approx.)
Resume - 7:00 PM (Approx.)
SCHEDULE: We will follow the order of events for a Two Session Meet as listed on the WVSSAC Interscholastic Website (2022). This will be a rolling schedule. There will be 3 throws in the shot and discus and 3 jumps in the long jump with finals (top 8 athletes) to follow.
ENTRY FEE: $60.00 per Team or $100.00 per School
(Payable to PSHS Athletic Department – Due before the start of the meet)
ENTRIES: Each team will be allowed 3 entries per event. Entries will be through Baumspage.com. There will also be a Hy-Tek event file located on runwv.com for those that prefer that entry method. Please email Hy-Tek entries to Jason Jones at email@example.com and Rick Deem at firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry window will be open Wednesday, March 9th @ 12:00 PM through Wednesday, March 30th @ 9:00 PM.
Emergency scratches can be made the day of the meet, but please keep them to a minimum.
AWARDS: Plaques for 1st place teams
Plaques for 2nd place teams
High Point for Girls and Boys
Ribbons for 1st – 6th place
MEDICAL: A training area will be provided. Athletes must provide their own tape.
TEAMS ATTENDING: Parkersburg South, Richwood, Paden City, North
Marion, Meigs, Warren,
Wirt County, Oak Glen, Parkersburg, Parkersburg Catholic, Williamstown, Trinity Christian
Welcome to the Parkersburg South High School South Invitational
Dear Track Coaches: April 1, 2022
- All buses will be parked outside the track stadium in the parking lot next to the Erickson facility
- Enclosed in your packet will be the schedule of events, records, sportsmanship statement, performance sheets, list of competitor numbers, and relay cards.
- All tents must be on the visitor’s side, opposite of the press box.
- Emergency scratches need to be submitted by 4:15 PM.
- Scratch/adds for field events will be done at field events.
- Coaches will meet with the Referee near the finish line at 4:00 PM.
- Scoring will be 10-8-6-4-2-1.
- The bull pen will be located near the finish line.
- Throwing areas are located outside of the track up on the hill to the right of the facility.
- A training area will be provided near the finish line.
- Individual high point nominations are due to the press box by the end of the Shuttle Hurdle Relay.
- Ribbons and results can be picked up in the press box at the conclusion of the meet.
- A concession stand will be open to serve your athletes and spectators.
- T-Shirts will be sold near the concession stand.
- Starting heights for field events will be announced at coaches meeting.
ORDER OF EVENTS: Two Session Meet
100/110 Meter Hurdle Trials
100 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run – Girls
200 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run – Boys
400 Meter Dash – Finals
Break – 30 Mins.
4x800 Meter Relay
100/110 Meter Hurdle – Finals
100 Meter Dash – Finals
4x200 Meter Relay
1600 Meter Run
300 Meter Low/Intermediate Hurdles
4x100 Meter Relay
800 Meter Run
200 Meter Dash – Finals
Shuttle Hurdle Relay
4x400 Meter Relay
Field Evet Order
Girls Shot Put – Boys to follow
Boys Discus – Girls to follow
Girls High Jump – Boys to follow
Boys Long Jump – Girls to follow
Boys Pole Vault – Girls to follow