TO: Head Boys’ and Girls’ Track Coaches
FROM: Chris Wayemail@example.com (304-485-8010)
SUBJECT: Russ Parsons Invitational
DATE: Saturday, April 16, 2022
TIME: Packets can be picked up in the cafeteria
Scratches due by 10:30 AM and Coaches meeting at 10:30 AM. Please report to the cafeteria.
Field Events- 11:00 AM
1st Session Running Events - 12:00 PM
Break -- 30 Minutes
2nd Session - 2:00 PM (Approx)
SCHEDULE: We will follow the order of events for a Two Session format as listed in the WVSSAC Interscholastic. This will be a rolling schedule. There will be trials and finals in the shot and discus and in long jump. We will take the top 9 from trials for all three events.
FACILITY: 8 Lane Eurotan All Weather Track
Concrete Shot Put and Discus Areas
ENTRY FEE: $75.00 Per Team or $95.00 Per School
(Payable to PHS Athletic Department –Due by Saturday, April 16TH)
ENTRIES: Each team will be allowed 3 entries per event and one relay We are using Baumspage.com for the entries for this meet. If you would need any assistance, please call Lia Fleek at 304-488-0685. The entry window will run from Monday March 01, 2022 @ 12:00 PM until Friday, April 15, 2022, 9:00 PM. Emergency scratches can be made the day of the meet, but please keep them to a minimum.
AWARDS: Plaques for 1ST and 2ND Place Teams
High Point for Girls and Boys.
Special Awards for 1st place winners of each event
Ribbons for 2nd – 6th place.
MEDICAL: A training area will be provided and staffed by Mountain River. Athletes must provide their own tape.
Dinner will be provided for all Coaches and Workers during the break.
Welcome to the Parkersburg High School Russ Parson’s Invitational
Dear Track Coaches: April 16, 2022
· All buses will be parked outside the stadium in the parking lot next to the facility.
· Pick up packets in the cafeteria. Donuts and coffee will be served.
· Enclosed in your packet will be the schedule of events, records, sportsmanship statement, performance sheets, list of competitor numbers, and a scratch/add sheet.
· You only need to submit relay cards if you are making a change-See Coach Fleek for relay cards.
· Emergency scratches need to be submitted by 10:30 AM. Scratch/adds for field events will be done at field events.
· Coaches will meet with Referee Chip Allman in the cafeteria at 10:30 AM.
· Live results will be provided through live.athletic.net
· The bull pen will be located at the north end of the bleachers on the press box side of the flagpole end. All running events will check in at the bull pen except the 300 Hurdles-they will check in at the start of the 300 Hurdles.
· Throwing areas are located in the front of the field house outside the stadium.
· Dinner will be served in the cafeteria for all coaches and officials during the break.
· A training area will be provided near the finish line.
· Individual high point nominations are due to the press box by the end of the Shuttle Hurdle Relay.
· Ribbons and results can be picked up in the press box at the conclusion of the meet.
· T-shirts will be sold near the concession stand.
· A concession stand will be open to serve your athletes and spectators.
· Free programs will be available to help spectators thoroughly enjoy the meet.
· Field Events: Girls: Shot Put, High Jump-First, boys to follow
Boys: Discus, Long Jump, and Pole Vault-First, girls to follow
Starting heights will be announced at coaches meeting.
Any questions please see Lia Fleek
Two Session Meet
100/110 Meter High Hurdle Trials
100 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run - Girls
200 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run - Boys
400 Meter Dash
4x800 Meter Relay
100/110 Meter High Hurdle Finals
100 Meter Dash Finals
4x200 Meter Relay
1600 Meter Run
300 Meter Low/Intermediate Hurdles
4x100 Meter Relay
800 Meter Run
200 Meter Dash Finals
Shuttle Hurdle Relay
4x400 Meter Relay
Girls Shot Put
Girls High Jump
Boys Long Jump
Boys Pole Vault