TO: Head Boys’ and Girls’ Track Coaches
FROM: Chris Wayfirstname.lastname@example.org (304-485-8010)
SUBJECT: Russ Parsons Invitational
DATE: Saturday April 17, 2021
TIME: Scratches due by 10:00 AM in the cafeteria and Coaches meeting at 10:00 PM in the cafeteria. Packets picked up will be in the cafeteria.
Field Events- 10:30 AM
1st Session Running Events - 11:30 AM
Break -- 30-45 Minutes
2nd Session - 1:30 PM (Approx)
SCHEDULE: We will follow the order of events for a Two Session format as listed in the WVSSAC Interscholastic. This will be a rolling schedule. There will be trials and finals in the shot and discus and in long jump. We will take the top 9 from trials for all three events.
FACILITY: 8 Lane Eurotan All Weather Track (brand new)
Concrete Shot Put and Discus Areas
ENTRY FEE: $75.00 Per Team or $95.00 Per School
(Payable to PHS Athletic Department –Due by Saturday April 17th)
ENTRIES: Each team will be allowed 3 entries per event and one relay We are using Baumspage.com for the entries for this meet. If you would need any assistance, please call Lia Fleek at 304-488-0685. The entry window will run from Wednesday April 7, 2021 @ 12:00 PM until Friday, April 16, 2021 8:00 PM. Emergency scratches can be made the day of the meet, but please keep them to a minimum.
AWARDS: Plaques for 1ST, 2ND, and 3rd Place Teams
High Point for Girls and Boys.
Special Awards for 1st place winners of each event
Ribbons for 2nd – 6th place.
MEDICAL: A training area will be provided. Athletes must provide their own tape.
Dinner will be provided for all Coaches and Workers during the break.
TEAMS: Parkersburg, Parkersburg South, Morgantown, Wahama, Wheeling Park, University,
Ripley, Akron-Buchtel, Parkersburg Catholic, Athens, Caldwell, Gallia
Welcome to the Parkersburg High School Russ Parsons Invitational
Dear Track Coaches, April 5, 2021
· All buses will be parked outside the stadium in the parking lot next to the facility
· Enclosed in your packet will be the schedule of events, records, sportsmanship statement, performance sheets, list of competitor numbers, and relay cards.
· We will have designated areas for each team to set up their tents-COVID Guidelines
· Emergency scratches need to be submitted by 10:00 AM in the cafeteria. Scratch/adds for field events will be done at field events.
· Coaches will meet with Referee Chip Allman in the cafeteria at 10:00 AM.
· All scores will be posted on the lower press box windows. Scoring is 10-8-6-4-2-1
· The bull pen will be located at the north end of the bleachers on the press box side of the flagpole end. Athletes must have a mask on unless they are warming up or competing.
· Throwing areas are located in the front of the field house outside the stadium
· Lunch will be served in the cafeteria for all coaches and officials during the break.
· A training area will be provided near the finish line.
· Individual high point nominations are due to the press box by the end of the Shuttle Hurdle Relay.
· Ribbons and results can be picked up in the press box at the conclusion of the meet.
· Attractive meet t-shirts will be available for purchase. Please inform your team that short sleeve and long sleeve shirts will be available at the meet.
· A concession stand will be open to serve your athletes and spectators.
· Free programs will be available to help spectators thoroughly enjoy the meet.
· Field Events: Girls: Shot Put, High Jump-First
Boys: Discus, Long Jump, and Pole Vault-First
Starting heights will be announced at coaches meeting.
Any questions please see Lia Fleek
Two Session Meet
100/110 Meter High Hurdle Trials
100 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run - Girls
200 Meter Dash Trials
3200 Meter Run - Boys
400 Meter Dash
4x800 Meter Relay
100/110 Meter High Hurdle Finals
100 Meter Dash Finals
4x200 Meter Relay
1600 Meter Run
300 Meter Low/Intermediate Hurdles
4x100 Meter Relay
800 Meter Run
200 Meter Dash Finals
Shuttle Hurdle Relay
4x400 Meter Relay